52% of children aged 6 to 8 who have had a cavity in their primary (baby) teeth, according to the CDC.
You can prevent cavities in children by:
- Teaching them to brush their teeth at least twice a day and floss regularly
- Getting enough fluoride, both through the toothpaste they use and your family’s water supply
- Limiting sugary foods, fruit juices, and candy
Around 85% of couples who are actively trying to conceive will become pregnant within a year. If you haven’t conceived after 12 months of trying, it may be time to speak with a specialist.
While optimal daily water intake looks different for everyone, many health experts agree that drinking around two liters a day, or eight 8-ounce glasses of water, will help you maintain healthy levels of hydration.
How to Drink More Water:
- Infuse water with fruit to give it more flavor.
- Consume foods with a high water content
(strawberries, watermelon, lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers are all great options).
- Fill a water bottle before you leave home and take it with you.
- Set reminders on your smartphone or smartwatch to drink more water.
- Reach for sparkling or mineral water instead of soda.
Mental Illness Reports
The National Institute of Mental Health reports that nearly 1 in 5 U.S. adults experience mental illness each year.