Finding Information You Can Trust
The Web is brimming with health sites, but how can you weed out the quackery? Use this checklist to evaluate health information you find online:
- Check dates. Search for the most recent information you can find.
- Check the source. Look for articles that refer to published medical research and have been reviewed by qualified professionals.
- Be wary of commercial sites or personal testimonials.
- Double-check what you find. Visit several health sites and compare the information they offer.
- Talk with your doctor before you follow any medical advice you find online.
Source: Mayo Clinic