Vascular Institute of Chattanooga
A love of learning and helping others is at the core of who Dr. Stephanie Sheridan is. After receiving her Doctorate of Nursing Practice in 2013, Dr. Sheridan found her way to the Vascular Institute of Chattanooga, where she specializes in nephrology. Regardless of who or what she is treating, relating to her patients and helping them feel comfortable is a top priority for Dr. Sheridan. “I always give my patients 110%. I work hard to care for my patients, and I do what I can because I love what I do,” she says. “I love working for a practice that has the capability to offer full vascular services and to get people in quickly for care.”
“I always tell my patients that no one is perfect. I recommend that they try to follow the 80/20 rule – do their best 80% of the time and enjoy the comforts of life the other 20%.”
1. What do you love most about your profession?
I love helping people. Having the ability to see a critical limb, obtain an ultrasound, and schedule the patient for surgery all in the same day allows me to provide the highest quality of care.
2. What’s the key to making a great first impression?
A first impression is everything. I try to be pleasant and understandable. I spend time ensuring that patient is comfortable and fully understands the treatment process. I take the time to listen to the patient’s needs, educate them on their health condition, and provide them with solutions.
3. What accolades mean the most to you?
There’s nothing more rewarding than being able to help patients and majorly impact their life by saving a limb. It also means a lot when people come in because a friend or family member had a good experience and referred them.
4. How long have you been practicing?
I obtained my Associate of Science in Nursing in 1996 and my Bachelor of Science in Nursing in 2003. I received my master’s in 2006 from Southern Adventist University, all while having two babies. I obtained my Doctorate of Nursing Practice from UTC in 2013.
5. Why did you choose to pursue the field you did?
I am ambitious, and I love to learn. I chose to pursue my terminal degree of the Doctor of Nursing Practice so that I could be at the top of my game and care for my patients to the best of my ability.
Special Promotional Section