The pumpkin is a rich winter squash versatile enough to puree, chop, bake, sauté, boil, mash, and more.
Swap puree for oil in cookies and baked goods, stir up a creamy pumpkin soup, or sauté into a number of delicious dishes for a burst of seasonal flavor.
Facts about Pumpkins
- Jack be Little – ideal for a holiday table setting
- Autumn Gold – great for carving & decorating
- Sugar Treat – perfect for cooking & baking
- Low calorie (1 cup puree = 83 calories and 1 g fat)
- Great for vision (High in Vitamin A)
- Keeps you full longer (3g fiber per 1 cup serving)
- Heart Healthy (pumpkin seeds help reduce LDL)
- Workout friendly (Vitamin C supports tissue repair; 1 cup puree = more potassium than a banana)
- Overall health booster (calcium, iron, and other minerals support bone health, immunity, and nervous system function)