An Interview With:
About the Clinic
Left to Right:
- Jessica Archer, LA
- Jana Williams
- Dr. Alisha Armstrong, DNP, NP-BC-APRN-CANS
- Dr. Arthur J. VonWerssowetz MD, BA, FACS
- Hollis Wilkey; Sheena Rowland
At Premier Medical Aesthetics, we believe that every patient deserves a Premier Level of Care. The goal is to provide natural results without making the patient look like a different person.
What We Offer:
Premier Medical Aesthetics offers a high level of education with an unsurpassed quality of care and experience in Chattanooga’s NorthShore district.
- Dermal Fillers
- Thread Lifts
- Platelet Rich Plasma Injections
- Fat Dissolving Injections
- Laser Treatments
- Hair Removal Treatments
- Chemical Peels
- Plasma Fibroblast Treatments
- Hair Restoration Treatments
- Skin Rejuvenation Treatments
Facial Aesthetics Master, International Academy of Aesthetics
1. How do you develop a dermal filler plan for each client?
We begin with a consultation, an assessment of the face, and a discussion with the patient about their goals for the treatment. Factors such as age of the patient, medical history, health, current medications, and ethnicity will determine our approach.
2. What is the procedure process like?
Our dermal filler procedure process begins with our initial consult where expectations, fears, and questions are addressed. Next, we address pain management options. The injecting period of the appointment varies by type and location of procedure.
3. What's the recovery like following this procedure?
The recovery is patient- and procedure-specific. We send our patients home with ice and Arnica montana tablets that help prevent bruising and swelling and help speed the healing process. Discomfort is minimal, and any residual swelling and bruising will resolve within two weeks.
4. How do you follow up with your patients after a dermal filler procedure?
We schedule a follow-up visit at the two-week mark to assess the results and make any adjustments as necessary. The expected duration will be discussed with the patient during the consultation phase of the appointment and again at the follow-up.
5. What is your philosophy when it comes to caring for your patients?
Safety. Satisfaction. Connection. These three basic principles are at the core of our human needs, and I carry them into every patient interaction.