Simple Ways to Conserve Energy
Every year on April 22, more than one billion people take part in Earth Day events and take action to protect the planet. Energy conservation not only makes sense but it also saves dollars. The Cleveland Clinic’s Office for a Healthy Environment offers several practical tips to help conserve energy throughout the year.
- Turn off the lights when you don’t need them on.
- Unplug gadgets and appliances when they’re not in use.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Wear layers of clothing for comfort instead of reaching for the thermostat.
- Power down your computer when not in use, including your monitor.
Source: Cleveland Clinic